Pages

Friday, November 02, 2012

No Coffee November

A couple of peeps have started a challenge this month which is not having any chocolate for this month.  Chocolate isn't such a big issue for me but I decided to join in and added my own challenge which is not having any coffee for November.

I don't drink an awful lot of coffee; only about 2 - 3 and sometimes a smidge more on a bad day, but add to the mix my green tea and the occasional cup of Earl Grey or Chai tea I think my caffeine intake is more than I should be having.  The fact that I have starting shaking again recently is a pretty good sign too.  Now, I shake at the best of times as does my mother, sister and a few other rellies but I noticed when I eat 'clean' (by clean I mean largely unprocessed foods and refined carbs) my shaking is almost non-existent.  My food hasn't changed too much but my caffeine intake has, particularly when you take into account the  fact that I have 2 cups of coffee and a cup of tea before 10 am it is no wonder I have the jitters.  I also think I can do without that teaspoon of sugar each time I have a coffee as well.

I am on Day 2 and I haven't noticed any withdrawal symptoms yet.  Maybe it's because I'm still drinking green tea so am still getting a caffeine hit.  Mind you, I was at home with Moo yesterday so work today will be interesting ... I'll have to figure another way to get over that 3 pm slump.

3 comments:

Magda said...

Aaaargh no coffee *gasp*. I dont have much (average 1 cappuccino/day) and I've never had the jitters but giving it up ... OH MY!!

I was really flat yesterday afternoon and my saviour was a mug of lemongrass and ginger tea (100% herbal) and a Slim Secrets Rev Up bar (which probably has caffeine in it). I can highly recommend the tea though.

Unknown said...

I stopped having coffee about 2 years ago- went cold turkey but was still having tea. No withdrawal symptoms and feel heaps better ( no stomach pains!!) and also lost a bit of weight. Haven't really missed it except on those cold Melbourne days when the person you're with wraps their hands around the steaming frothy coffee cup!!!!!

Unknown said...

I have a mint and ginger tea which is quite nice.

Funny, I don't feel like I need the coffee but I enjoy the process of having a cuppa ... I think it stops me from boredom eating.