Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Into The Christmas Spirit

Yesterday's WOD:

12th Day of Christmas Special.
“The 12 Days of Christmas
CFG Style!”
Teams of 1, 2 or 3
120 Double Unders (Each)
110 Walking Lung Steps
100 AB Mat sit ups
90 Push Press 20kg/15kg
80 Box Jumps 24″/20″
70 KB Swings 24kg/16kg
600m Run (Each)
50 SDHP 20kg/15kg
40 Pistols / Goblet Squat (with KB)
30 Pulls Ups
20 Overhead Squats / Front Squat 42.5kg/30kg
10 Muscle Ups / Ring Dips
 
I nearly talked myself out of going to yesterday's workout.  I normally train at home on Wednesday as Moo has cricket training and then Mal goes to touch footy but footy has finished for the season so that excuse had gone out the window and I dragged Missy T along with me to the gym.
 
I know I have said it before but I love partner WODs.  There is a certain amount of comfort to know that someone is in the same amount of pain as you are plus you can share the load and sub out when you can't do any more reps.  As usual, we were paired up with someone who has similar fitness and skill level and my partner was Bec.  I have never done a partner WOD with Bec but had teamed up for a couple of the strength sessions so I knew that we would be a good fit.  As it was such a big workout, we had to quickly go through all the moves in the warm up.  I have to admit to be a little disappointed that Sean had told us that we would be doing push ups instead of ring dips but I understood why as neither of us had ever done this move before and there was very little time for instruction (it still bites when you can't do the workout as planned).
 
As predicted it was a tough workout.  It was one of those that forced you to dig deep and push you beyond what you think you are capable of.  We finished it in just under 40 minutes but, in saying that, we accidentally did 10 more goblet squats than what we should have.  Oops!  With these workouts, I don't care about the time we did it in, I'm just glad we finished it and did the prescribed reps (there was the option to scale the number of reps).  It always feels like such an accomplishment when you are done.

No comments: