Pages

Friday, January 04, 2013

One Session Complete

This morning I had my first of the 6 sessions with Jardan that Mal got me for Christmas.  She came up with a nice workout which consisted of:

15 snatches
10 rounds of 'Cindy' (5 pull ups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats)
15 clean and jerks
For time

The juvenile in me always has a bit of a chuckle at snatches.  I always let Mal know that today I played around with my snatch or that the coach asked to see my snatch ... I'm so childish sometimes!

The snatch still feels a little awkward and a lot less comfortable than the clean and jerk but at the same time I'm really enjoying learning the movement.  I know that with time it will feel more natural.

I noticed that with having a one-on-one session with a PT there is really no place to hide and where I can fluff around in a class like go grab a drink or set up my pushups a bit further from the pull up bar (so I can walk casually there and catch my breath) with this session I was caught out which I had a bit of a chuckle about.  Likewise, my clean and jerk was set up at 20 kg and once I did a couple I realised that they were quite heavy.  Jardan didn't allow me to reduce the weight even though I wanted to and surprise, surprise, I got through all the reps with good form.  I did have to break the reps down but I did it.  It's the push that I need.

My time wasn't marvelous but I know where I can improve (yep, dilly-dallying in the transitions).  I think I also need to work on my pre-workout nutrition as today I felt a little flat but I also think there are other factors at play there too.  Overall, I loved today's workout ... it was nice and challenging; one of those that part way through you wish it was over and then when it's finished you want to do it again (not straight away but another day! LOL!)

No comments: