Pages

Friday, March 08, 2013

13.1 Done And Dusted

I'm pleased to say that I have a score on the board for Workout 13.1.  My goal was to get through the first 2 sets of burpees and the 30 reps of 20 kg snatch.  I knew that there was no way I would be able to progress to the 35 kg snatch as my PB for this week was 20 kg therefore I would already be working at my max weight.  I was glad that Sean, the head coach, also agreed with this and it was decided that I continue the AMRAP with the 20 kg weight.  Obviously I could only log the 100 reps but it was good to continue on with the workout.

I managed to get through the first 2 rounds as well as some burpees in the third round.  You honestly couldn't wipe the smile off my face, I was so pleased with how I did.  I was also pretty happy with how quickly I got through the first round.  Our judge had to take note of the times for our rounds so if it gets into a tie break situation the times will help separate people.  There will be a lot of women who will only do the 100 reps and a good time can mean all the difference.

Overall, I'm stoked with how I went.  I know there are lots of people who will score a lot more than me but I did so much better than I thought I would have done and you gotta be happy with that :-)

3 comments:

Magda said...

Way to go!!! The fact that you're happy with your result is the only thing that really matters. And I can 'feel your happiness'. LOL

xx m

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! Super duper great! You often compare yourself with a super competitor, but also remember that you are in the top percentile of fitness for our age among all women. You are way up there. :D

:-) Marion

Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies. I am incredibly happy with how I went :-)