Pages

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Yikes!

 
So here it is:

Workout 13.1

MEN - includes Masters Men up to 54 years old
Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 17 minutes of:
40 Burpees
75 pound Snatch, 30 reps
30 Burpees
135 pound Snatch, 30 reps
20 Burpees
165 pound Snatch, 30 reps
10 burpees
210 pound Snatch, as many reps as possible
WOMEN - includes Masters Women up to 54 years old
Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 17 minutes of:
40 Burpees
45 pound Snatch, 30 reps (20 kg)
30 Burpees
75 pound Snatch, 30 reps (35 kg)
20 Burpees
100 pound Snatch, 30 reps (45 kg)
10 burpees
120 pound Snatch, as many reps as possible (55 kg)

I'm not that unhappy with this workout.  Okay, so I have only ever done a 20 kg snatch but I know that at least I'm going to post something as prescribed, even if it is just the first 2 rounds of burpees and the 20 kg snatch.  The burpees are going to be pretty tough, the standard calls for the hands to touch a target 6 inches above maximum reach plus I will have to do full burpees not the knee modification but I know I can do it :-)

2 comments:

Liz N said...

I looked at it, read the first bit and thought "that's OK", then I read a few more lines...holy wowsas. I think anyone that gives this a go is a real champion!

Unknown said...

There were a few people who were thrown by this workout ... I thought they might ease us into it, but no :-)