Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Flat Week


It hasn't been the best week in the gym this week.  I have been feeling flat and a little out of sorts, yep, it must be heading toward that time of the month.  Needless to say, I have been simply showing up and ticking the boxes, I definitely haven't brought my A game at all and as a result I have gotten frustrated and a little bit down about it all.  Anyway, it is what it is and I will be forced to have a rest day tomorrow as Moo has netball trials at the same time as I go to the gym.  Sitting at netball courts is not exactly my ideal rest time, I would much rather have a sleep in one morning but such is life with busy kids.

I was reading a study regarding weight loss and a woman's menstrual cycle.  Now I'm not interested in the weight loss part but rather how to get the best out of my training during my low energy phase.  I have decided to add in BCAA's again at this time to try and minimise muscle loss but it also helps lower cortisol.  Apparently, adding cocoa into the diet can help raise serotonin and dopamine as well.  I would be interesting to try it out for a couple of months and see if it helps.

Oh, and I love this tip from http://www.tabatatimes.com/top-tips-for-your-first-two-years-of-crossfit/

You Won’t PR Every DayDon’t mistake intensity for hard work. Even if you’re having a bad day and the intensity just isn’t there, you can still get a lot out of your time in the gym through hard work. Intensity and hard work are not the same thing. Don’t skip a planned session just because you don’t think you’re going to kill it and leave everything out on the table. Not feeling too strong that day? That’s fine; scale the weights and/or rounds or time domain back. Something is better than nothing.

No comments: