Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Disappointment

I guess I tried but the weight got me in the end.  I hurt my back in my attempt to do 13.2 and that was in the back of my mind despite wearing a weight belt to try and give me some support.  I'm disappointed because I'm the only girl at my box who couldn't lift the weight and therefore can't post a score.  I'm disappointed because I could get the toes to bar but that doesn't matter because the clean and jerks came first so I ended up with a big fat zero.

It wasn't through lack of trying and encouragement from the coaches.  Even a bit of tough love of 'just get under the fkn weight Michelle' because I was getting the weight up to my shoulders but just couldn't flip my elbows to get into the clean position ... and that was purely confidence.  I had talked myself out of the workout as soon as I saw it.  So Sean suggested Plan B, lower the weight and get the most out of the workout, try to improve my work capacity so I don't spend 7 minutes just failing my lifts.  I dropped the weight to 30 kg and got a few rounds out.  My compromise was I was going to do toes to bar which I did for most of the workout. 

I attempted 13.4 and all I got was this lousy bruise


So I'm out of the game, my name will now have a -- on the leaderboard but I'm focusing on the positives. Yep, I was upset but I've had a sook and moved on. Over the last few weeks I have gotten a heap of PBs and there will be no going backwards.  I've realised what I can achieve when I put my mind to it.  It has given me a great baseline, I know what I have to work on and next year I will have no problems with lifting the required weight.

1 comment:

Liz N said...

I have to say, I am finding your Crossfit efforts inspirational. I couldn't imagine clean and jerking the weight that was Rx. Well done!