Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

13.4

Here is this week's workout.  The weight for the ladies is 45 kg and considering I PBd my clean and jerk in 13.2 at 35 kg I think this might be a bit of a stretch.

I had planned on doing the workout this afternoon as it's Good Friday tomorrow and the gym is only open for a couple of sessions but now I'm thinking that I should go in this afternoon and practice my squat cleans and split jerks as I haven't done them very often.  I guess I'll have awhile to warm up so I might see how I feel this afternoon, chat to the coaches about what to do and try not to stress too much about it all.  At the end of the day, I will either smash my PB or I'll fail but I'll continue to approach the workout as I have each one and give it my best.  The thing that sticks in my craw is that I can do toes to bar but without the clean and jerks I can't post a result.

To be honest, I knew this would happen at some point, that the weight would be over what I can lift and I'm pretty happy with the fact that I got through 3 workouts before that happened.

No comments: