Pages

Friday, April 05, 2013

All done

The open workouts are all done.  They have been loads of fun and I have really enjoyed the buzz at the box but at the same time I'm glad that they are over and we will be back to normal programming.

I went to the gym today after having a week off.  My diet over the last week has been less than stellar and while I packed some equipment to do some workouts I didn't touch them and just enjoyed the time off.  I did get a little bit of walking in however.  Sean had suggested to scale this workout and try and get as much out of it as we could.  The aim was to try and get over the 3 rounds so we could then go for 8 or 12 minutes rather than RXd and only do 15 reps for the entire workout.  I could see his point and as my back has been playing up I brought the thruster weight right down to 10 kg and opted for a green band.  Sean had suggested that I go for a blue band but I was adamant that I could get 3 rounds out with the green.  I hate to say he was right ... but rather than say I was wrong maybe I'll say I wasn't as right as I normally am!  This workout really winded me, I just couldn't get my breath, and as a result I was no-repped several times for my chest to bar pull-ups.

There is a part of me that would have loved to have tried to RXd the workout but after looking at some of our competition peeps attempting it I think it was the right decision to have scaled.

So, that's that.  All done.  Will I sign up next year?  You betcha!  Over the course of the 5 weeks I have realised I could do things that I never thought I could.  It has given me another way to gauge how I'm tracking as well as given me some ideas for goal setting over the next year.  Yep, it was well worth it.

No comments: