Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Yay For Progress!

Today was my favourite of all benchmark workouts, Cindy.  I think I've said it before but I love the simplicity of Cindy; all it is is 5 pullups, 10 push ups and 15 squats, AMRAP in 20 minutes.  At my last attempt at Cindy I got a score of 14 using a purple band and bench pull ups.  Today I decided to use the orange band which is a harder option and the step before doing unassisted.  As I said I need to work on my kipping pull ups and I'm having trouble doing that with the other bands, the orange band forces me to practice the movement.  I decided to do bench push ups again as I know this is the exercise that goes to the curb first in this workout.

I was really happy with my score of 13 today ... only 1 less than the last time I did it and a harder option.  A big yay for progress today!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I <3 your gym goals! I'm working on much of the same stuff. Frustrating and exhilarating at the very same time.

:-) Marion

Liz N said...

Awesome job my friend!

Unknown said...

Thanks Marion and Liz :-)