Pages

Monday, July 01, 2013

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

I'm going through one of 'those' phases this week where I can't seem to get enough food in.  I am continuing to play around with my nutrition, particularly around my training, because I don't believe I am supporting my exercise particularly well (which is why I have gotten run down).  I have added a pre-workout bowl of oats instead of the normal quick piece of fruit or glass of milk plus I am having a post-workout recovery shake that is a mix of carbs, BCAAs and creatine as well as a second breakfast to try and keep me satisfied until smoko break at work.  I'll be interested to see if it helps improve my strength.

I know this morning, my tummy was grumbling through my workout and I had a moment where I thought, "What the ...? I have actually eaten more than normal!  Why is this happening?"  And I have been famished ever since.

Today we our workout consisted of box squats.  It has been a long time since I did these and I think I could have lifted a lot more than what I actually did but I know for next time.  We finished off with this:
10 Rounds For Time:
-
20 Push Ups
10m OH KB Walking Lunge (left)
20 Sit Ups
10m OH KB Walking Lunge (right)
 
It was a tough workout and I decided to try and push myself by picking an 8 kg kettlebell and using the bench for my pushups.  I looked at the times of the previous class and felt like I could get 7 rounds out before the cut off of 25 minutes.  I finished at 24:24.  I had to really focus on keeping my core tight because as soon as I let it go I would lose balance.  It was a fun WOD and was pretty pleased with the result ... it's always nice to push oneself.

No comments: