Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Throwdown

This weekend our 2 boxes, Crossfit Gladstone and Crossfit CQ (based in Rocky), will be holding an in house competition.  I was tempted to sign up but was a little worried about what would be required.  Even though I knew there was a beginner section I was still unsure about what was required seeing as I there are several movements I haven't mastered.  I have since seen the movement standards and am starting to think about signing up again as I would be able to do everything that is required.  As much as I would love to have a chop, there is another part of me that is afraid of failure and the idea of competing against other people freaks me out ... what if I come last?  I would love to compete but I wouldn't want to let the Gladstone crew down.  I might go and watch and cheer on the crew.

I missed yesterday's WOD as I was up in Rocky for a netball carnival for Moo.  I hate missing my workouts but sometimes life just gets in the way and I just have to roll with it.  Luckily, I think the workouts are being programed with the throwdown in mind as it was a fairly cruisy day yesterday and I don't feel like I missed anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just realized yesterday, that if I do yoga on Saturdays with my oldest daughter, that I'm still going to have to work on leg extensions including splits some other day of the week. Because if I don't, I will lose my ability to do them. So missing my own WOD of Saturday yoga (even though it's replaced) is a little bit worrisome.

Pip said...

Michelle, - you are an inspiration! I feel like:, - if you want to compete and feel ready to commit, - give it a crack!

By the way.....nothing wrong with coming last if that by any stretch of the imagination happens! You are beating all those people who either can't be arsed training or getting fit in their own way, and also beating those too scared to try! My first ever triathlon a few years back, I came last out of about 40.