Pages

Thursday, August 08, 2013

A Dead Stop

Training has been going really well, exceptionally well in fact and then there was a public holiday in the middle of the week.  Hubby and I had decided to head to Rocky for the day as the old Gladstone Show doesn't appeal to us at all.  The gym only had one session on yesterday which was at 8 am and I decided not to go (I wanted to get in as much shopping as I could).

Today Moo has an information session at the high school we are sending her to next year (I'm finding it hard to believe I have a high school age child!) and for the second day in a row I'm going to have to give gym a miss.

This is when I realise I have a little bit to work on my mindset because panic started to set in.  I feel the need to train 6 days a week and if I don't I will somehow lose all the progress I've made.  The thing is, when I stop I totally stop.  The dog hasn't been walked and I'm struggling to get out of bed.  When I stop I want to shutdown and become a total sloth.  I need to remind myself that it's okay to have days off ... in fact, it's healthy to take a break.

1 comment:

Pip said...

I have the natural tendency to be exactly the same! All 'go' or 'stop', meaning 'completely stopped'. I agree, it is very OK to take a break, just as long as it doesn't become an un-necessary 'long' break lol! You inspire me!