Pages

Friday, August 09, 2013

Wading Through The Rubbish

If there is one thing that I have learnt about fitness it's that there are so many opinions and a lot more quick fixes.  I try to filter all the crap.  I block advertisements on FB and follow people with a sound nutritional science background but nothing can stop people I know talking to me about their latest get skinny quick diet or health craze.

I have come to realise that despite my advice of eating a balanced diet and exercise will get them to where they want to be they still do what they want ... because my suggestions are SO unsexy.  It is so much easier to eat a magic fruit and exercise 10 minutes a day with the latest gadget while wearing a power band and special pants that burn fat.

Yeah, and gullible has been taken out of the dictionary.

Rant over.

3 comments:

Kek said...

I want me some of that magic fruit...

Hehe. Just kidding. This drives me NUTS too. I reckon 90% of people who ask me "how I did it" are only interested in a quick fix and once they realise that they need to overhaul their eating habits (i.e. stop shoving cake and fast food into their pie-holes every day) and do some exercise, they just lose interest in the conversation.

:/

Unknown said...

Or someone will comment "I want to be normal and just lose my weight." If a person's normal is being 50 pounds overweight, they can't be normal and be slimmer too. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Unknown said...

Parden the pun, but they want to have their cake and eat it too!

Kek, that fruit is all over FB ... you can lose 12kg in 14 days or something like that. Give it a go :P