Pages

Monday, August 05, 2013

Happy Monday!

Do you ever have those days when you wake up feeling lucky to be alive?  I seem to have shaken off my grumpiness of the last week or so and am feeling content with life.  As I drove to the box this morning I noticed how beautiful the sky looked.  The sun was just starting to rise with the glow just at the horizon (and it was the sun, not the lights from all the industry) and the moon and stars were still out.  It was gorgeous and I felt blessed that I was up that early to witness it.

Today was a strength day working on our front squats.  I set myself a goal of 45 kg thinking that my max was 42.5 kg.  In between our sets we had to do 10 pull ups and 50 double unders.  I decided to attempt unassisted pull ups as I need to practice them.  I get so frustrated that I'm able to do strict pull ups (and even weighted pull ups) but I can't get any more than 5 kipping pull ups in a row.  I will again sing the praises of my coaches and the fact that are so keen to help people reach their goals.  They are all so approachable and the coach today was more than happy to give me pointers on both my pull ups and double unders.  At the end of the day it's all about practice, practice, practice.

I felt quite comfortable with my 45 kg front squat today and when I logged my workout I realised that I had done 45 kg previously so, dammit, no PB today!  Mind you, the previous time I did 45 kg was 1 rep whereas today was 5 reps so I guess that means my 1RM has increased.  Gotta be happy with that :-)

2 comments:

Pip said...

Fantastic Michelle! 45kg for 5 front squats is really awesome! And you can do strict unassisted pullups? Wow!!! 5 kipping pullups in a row is really awesome I think! You are awesome! I suck at pullups, but have been working on ringrows, pushups, and upper body with weights etc relatively consistently. 3-4 weeks ago I could only move myself up a few inches with the easiest dark blue resistance band. After WOD and breakfast on Saturday, I attempted again....I did a couple but realised I was swinging my legs out the front. Then after 5-10 secs hanging I focussed on straight UP.....couldn't quite get chin above bar but maybe an inch or 2 away and did that 3 times. Therefore progress for me, but a long long way to go haha!

Unknown said...

So close! You are making great progress :-)