Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Barbara

Today was another benchmark Wednesday.  Today was Barbara:
5 Rounds for Time:
-
20 Pull Ups
30 Push Ups
40 Sit Ups
50 Squats
* Rest 3min between each round

I did Barbara waaaaay back when I first started and looking back on the stats I did 3 rounds in 22:51 with jumping pull ups and knee push ups as my scaling.

Today I decided to do full rounds and reps (we were given the option of scaling the number of reps for each exercise) and use an orange band as well as bench push ups.  Cam, our coach, told me there was a 40 minute cut off and I felt like I had my scaling right to achieve this target.

It wasn't until I got into the workout that I realised that I got it wrong and I spent a bit too much time on my push ups.  Push ups are always my limiting factor in these workouts and maybe I should have gone back to knees to try and pump out the reps quicker.  I did a quick calculation and realised that I wasn't going to make the 40 minute cut off.

I recorded my time at 4 rounds at 33:15 knowing that I wasn't going to get all the reps done in under 4 minutes (after the 3 minute rest time) but I continued to try and get as many reps as possible.  I fell 63 reps short.  I didn't realise that the clock was still ticking over and that I could have completed the workout but I might do the rest at home later.  If I extrapolated the data I would have gotten the workout done in 41:33 ... so close!  All good though, I was happy that I pushed myself and tried to do all the reps.

No comments: