Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

D'oh!

I totally misread the gym opening hours and didn't realise that it was regular hours for yesterday and today.  Not to worry, the rest day did me good and I spent the afternoon attempting banded bar muscle ups and working on my handstand strength.

Today, the girls joined me in our last WOD for the year.  It was:

Batman and Robin
-
In teams of 2 AMRAP 26mins
-
Partner A runs 400m
partner B does clean and jerk (60/40)
(switch and repeat)
-
Partner A runs 400m
Partner B does back squats from the ground
(switch and repeat)
-
Partner A runs 400m
Partner B does Double Unders
(10 DU =1 point)
(switch and repeat)
-
Partner A runs 400m
Partner B does Burpees
(switch and repeat)
 
I had planned on doing it with the girls and they could be counted as 1 person but we actually had an even number of people attend the session this morning so I was partnered up with a lovely lady and the girls were together.  My partner, Leanne, is stronger and fitter than me which meant I felt a little bad that I was going to let her down but she was really lovely and we went with my preferred weight of 25 kg for the clean and jerk.
 
The girls did really well today and from what I saw they really gave it their all.  I was fairly pleased with how I went.  The thing I was most happy with is that I continued to run and even picked up some speed at the end of each 400 m.  I know I'm one of the slowest runners in the gym and when we start with a run leg I am always one of the last ones to make it back into the gym but I'm consistent and today I noticed that toward the end I was passing people who beat me at the start.  A case of slow and steady wins the race?
 
It was a great workout to finish the year and I'm looking forward to my break and start the year rested and ready to kick butt.

No comments: