Pages

Monday, December 09, 2013

Helen Again

The benchmark WOD known as Helen seems to be quite popular at our box as this is the 4th (I think) time I have done it.  It's a fairly basic WOD:

400m run
21 kettlebell swings (16 kg)
12 pull ups

I really wanted to try to do this RXd but chickened out when I got into the gym.  I chose to do a 12 kg kettlebell and after trying some unassisted pull ups I decided to use an orange band which is the same scaling as I did the last time.

The workout didn't feel too bad although I struggled a little in the run.  I finished with a time of 12:42 and I had a quick look at my previous efforts and thought that my previous time was 13:50.  Unfortunately, that was from a couple of times ago and my real time was 12:20 which means I'm slower by 22 seconds.

To be honest, I don't feel that bad about it, it is what it is on the day and if I were to attempt it on another day I may improve by 22 seconds.  The fact is I got a bloody good workout today and I feel fantastic.

No comments: