Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

13.3

In last year's open we did this WOD:

CrossFit Games Open  13.3
MEN
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
150 Wall balls (20 lbs to 10′ target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups
-
WOMEN
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
150 Wall balls (14 lbs to 9′ target)
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle-ups

As I was registered in the Open last year I had to do this one RXD and my score was 57.  It was a really tough WOD and I had only done wall balls with a 4 kg ball previous to this workout.  I was kind of hoping never to have to do it again but, alas, that just wasn't going to happen.

I had to make a choice today.  Do I do it RXD again knowing that I will never make it through the wall balls but it will give me a good comparison or do I go down in weight and try to complete the workout?  As it turned out it was a fairly big class today so that made my decision easier as all the 3 and 4 kg balls were taken.  6 kg it was.  My goal was to make 58 wall balls.  I'm feeling really fatigued this week (and should have had today as a rest day) and wasn't feeling like it was going to happen.  I had a few failed attempts in my first 10 throws ... it wasn't looking good.  I chipped away, just doing them in singles.  My coach reminded me constantly to ensure I was getting them over the line and suggested I jump to make sure I was over the mark.  Darn I hate being short.  I finished with a score of 91, an improvement of 34.  I was happy with that.

And just to make sure we were totally stuffed, the programming included a further 7 mins of plate burpees.  That was just cruel.

No comments: