Pages

Monday, March 03, 2014

14.1 Wrap Up

14.1 is all done!  I had a goal of getting 3 rounds out.  I thought that would be achievable given the fact that my double unders aren't the best and I was quite pleased with my score of 147 which is 2 reps more than 3 rounds.  To be honest, I think I could do better but I'm always happy when I complete a WOD RXD.  The highlight for me was that I did my first round of double unders unbroken.  I have never been able to do that with my best being 27.  Needless to say, I'm stoked!

This is what I love about the Open. I'm not the most athletic person nor do I get the best scores (actually, I'm normally down the bottom) but I always manage to do something that I couldn't do before.

I honestly thought the double unders would be what held me back but I found the ground to overhead really tough.  In hindsight I should have warmed up like I normally do for these short and sharp WODS.  Usually I warm up by going to a heavy lift which then makes the weight in the workout seem light and for some reason I didn't do that today.  I warmed up on the rower and then did a few lifts and practiced my double unders.  I was a little disappointed that I had to break in my first round.  Hindsight is 20/20 vision and while a few people will be repeating the workout that's not something I will do.  It is what it is and I'm very proud of my effort.  I've learnt from this and will try to improve my warm up from now on.

No comments: