Pages

Monday, March 03, 2014

14.1 Wrap Up

14.1 is all done!  I had a goal of getting 3 rounds out.  I thought that would be achievable given the fact that my double unders aren't the best and I was quite pleased with my score of 147 which is 2 reps more than 3 rounds.  To be honest, I think I could do better but I'm always happy when I complete a WOD RXD.  The highlight for me was that I did my first round of double unders unbroken.  I have never been able to do that with my best being 27.  Needless to say, I'm stoked!

This is what I love about the Open. I'm not the most athletic person nor do I get the best scores (actually, I'm normally down the bottom) but I always manage to do something that I couldn't do before.

I honestly thought the double unders would be what held me back but I found the ground to overhead really tough.  In hindsight I should have warmed up like I normally do for these short and sharp WODS.  Usually I warm up by going to a heavy lift which then makes the weight in the workout seem light and for some reason I didn't do that today.  I warmed up on the rower and then did a few lifts and practiced my double unders.  I was a little disappointed that I had to break in my first round.  Hindsight is 20/20 vision and while a few people will be repeating the workout that's not something I will do.  It is what it is and I'm very proud of my effort.  I've learnt from this and will try to improve my warm up from now on.

Post a Comment