Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Another One Down

14.4 was a really tough WOD.  I finished it with a score of 82 (I completed the row and 22 toes to bar) and initially was really disappointed.  I wanted to get through to the wall balls and didn't even get halfway through my toes to bar.  When I sat down and thought about it afterward I reminded myself that I went from being able to do 6 reps to 22 in the space of a year.  In normal WODs I never do toes to bar and always opt for knee to chest or knee to elbow at a stretch so therefore I have increased my strength without even practicing the movement.

My main problem with T2B is that I don't utilise my momentum and, like so many things for me, I will tend to use my strength to get through the movement which is fine but when you have to do 50 of them it's not the smartest tactic.

I'm looking forward to trying this one again in the future and scaling it so I get through to the row again.

PS I was quietly stoked that one of the ladies came up to me and told me that my toes to bar looked really good because you could see all the muscles working.  My abs have started to pop again recently with some little tweaks to my diet.  Now to get those muscles to be functional!

No comments: