Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

I Did It!!!!

I have to say that 14.5 nearly broke me but at the same time it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I didn't care about my time, what was important was getting through the reps and if that meant only doing a couple of reps at a time then so be it.

There were so many times I wanted to quit but I slowly chipped away at the reps.  As I was worried about jumping over the bar I actually stood to the side of the bar and jumped over the end.  It is such a mental thing for me and jumping over the bar in between the plates makes me feel trapped whereas jumping over the end, while it's higher it makes me feel safer.  I was stoked that I cleared the bar with plenty of room to spare.

During the WOD I felt like crying because I was hurting and struggling mentally, after the WOD I felt like crying because I was so proud that I pushed my way through such a tough workout.  How I'm feeling right at this moment is why I Crossfit ... I have such a sense of accomplishment that I have never experienced in the gym training by myself.  The fact that I had people cheering for me and encouraging me throughout the workout is why I keep going back.  My 6 am crew is like family to me ... we see each other at our best and worst and we always help each other during the toughest times.  Love this sport!
Post a Comment