Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

I Did It!!!!

I have to say that 14.5 nearly broke me but at the same time it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.  I didn't care about my time, what was important was getting through the reps and if that meant only doing a couple of reps at a time then so be it.

There were so many times I wanted to quit but I slowly chipped away at the reps.  As I was worried about jumping over the bar I actually stood to the side of the bar and jumped over the end.  It is such a mental thing for me and jumping over the bar in between the plates makes me feel trapped whereas jumping over the end, while it's higher it makes me feel safer.  I was stoked that I cleared the bar with plenty of room to spare.

During the WOD I felt like crying because I was hurting and struggling mentally, after the WOD I felt like crying because I was so proud that I pushed my way through such a tough workout.  How I'm feeling right at this moment is why I Crossfit ... I have such a sense of accomplishment that I have never experienced in the gym training by myself.  The fact that I had people cheering for me and encouraging me throughout the workout is why I keep going back.  My 6 am crew is like family to me ... we see each other at our best and worst and we always help each other during the toughest times.  Love this sport!

No comments: