Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Nooooooo!


I'm currently in total meltdown mode.  For some reason before I registered for the Open I started practicing bar facing burpees at home because I felt like they would show up at some point ... I wasn't going to sign up until I could do them.  I then forgot about that and signed up anyway.

I should've listened to my gut and either practiced more or not registered because now they have come up AND this time I won't be cut off if I can't do something.  Here is the workout:

Workout 14.5

For time
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of:
Thrusters, 95 / 65 lb.
Burpees

I thought about using the 2.5 kg weights to make up the 30 kg bar which would give me a smaller target to jump over but, alas, the standards say that the target needs to be 9.5" high.  The thing is I can jump that with room to spare but I have tripped in the past and I'm terrified to the point of crying.  What will happen when fatigue sets in?  What will happen if I freeze and my mind won't allow me to jump?  This is 1 WOD that I'm actually thinking of skipping so I don't make a fool out of myself.

No comments: