Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Rest Day

Post Walk
I had yesterday off.  I'm actually surprised by the number of people who back up and go back to training the day after a competition.  It has taken me a long time but I have realised that rest days are important and it doesn't always mean I do absolutely nothing.  As much as I would have loved to have gone to the gym yesterday as there were deadlifts and rope climbs, I knew that it is better for me in the long run to have the day off and recoup.

Yesterday I took Mossy for his walk which we both enjoyed.  Exercise doesn't have to be hell for leather everyday nor does it have to mean lifting to failure constantly sometimes it is for relaxation ... getting outside and just moving.  I've said it plenty of times but taking Mossy for a walk is like moving meditation for me.  It gives me a chance to switch off and enjoy birds singing, wind moving through the trees, the smell of eucalypt in the morning and experience either a sunrise or sunset depending on what time of the day I go.  Not only is it good for my body, it's good for my mind.

No comments: