Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Nasty Girls

This is my third crack at this WOD and it's one that I really like.  The WOD is:

Nasty Girls
3 rounds for time
50 Air squats
7 Muscle ups
10 Hang power clean (60kg/40kg)

I like having data there for me to see my previous scaling as it helps me to figure out what to do.  I have to admit to being a little tired today, the weightlifting session I did last night left me tired and my wrists are a bit sore from OHS and snatch balance.  On the plus side, I got PBs for my snatch balance (17.5 kg), push press (37.5 kg) and OHS (27.5 kg)!

We had to do a complex of 3 hang power cleans, 5 push press and 10 lunges which I struggled through before getting into Nasty Girls.  Today we had a 15 minute cut off which I wasn't confident of achieving as I was over 15 minutes the previous time I did it.  I guess I could have scaled back to ensure I made it within the allotted time but I hate seeing a backwards step in my scaling.

As expected, I got cut off and Jardan added an extra second for each missed rep.  I didn't think that that method was indicative of my actual time so I have extrapolated to make it a little more realistic.  It has calculated as a minor improvement in time but I'm really happy with the harder options I took although my pull ups and ring dips weren't the best form today.  As sucky as getting cut off is, I'm pleased that I pushed myself.

Date
Time
Muscle Up Option
Hang Clean Weight
19/12/2012
0:13:45
Green Band Pull Up, Knee Push Ups
15
10/07/2013
0:17:11
Purple Band Pull Up, Orange Band Ring Dips
25
28/10/2014
0:17:04
Unassisted Ring Pull Ups, Ring Dips
25

No comments: