Pages

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Fran

The physio seems happy with how my back is going and I can start getting back into exercises that I haven't done in awhile except for deadlifts as they cause the most pain in my hip and lower back.  I'll keep stretching and doing mobility work and hopefully that will improve with time.

Yesterday was Fran.  I haven't done thrusters in awhile as it put a lot of pressure on my spine, particulary the overhead movement, and with that in mind I chose to go really light.  It is incredibly frustrating as the last time I did Fran I was 2.5 kg off doing RXd and now I'm doing 10 kg.

Stupidly I decided to do unassisted pull ups to make up for the fact that I was doing such a light weight, not taking into consideration that I have gone backwards in my pull ups as well (at least 2 bands on a good day).  I regretted that decision from the get go.

So here are the negatives from the workout:
  • I have gone from 27.5 kg to 10 kg thrusters
  • I didn't make it under the 10 minute cut off
  • As I fatigued I totally lost my kip, I couldn't drive with my hips at all and I wonder if it's connected with my weak core.
The positives
  • My back felt really good at the end of the WOD.
  • I did 45 unassisted pull ups, they were pretty ugly but I did them
  • I finished the workout, I didn't want to but I did it.  It really hurts to get cut off but to keep going when the clock stops gives me a sense of some sort of accomplishment, like it was a horrible, horrible workout but I didn't let it beat me.
  • Even though I feel like I've made a massive step backwards, it has given me that hunger to improve.  I need to start working on my kip so I can make it through a workout.
Date Time Thruster Weight (kg) Pull up Option
19/09/2012 4:20 (reps 15, 12, 9) 15 Blue Band
21/12/2012 8:50 17.5 Green Band
27/05/2013 7:20 15 Orange Band
13/01/2014 8:13 22.5 Orange Band
22/07/2014 9:03 27.5 Orange Band
6/11/2014 10:02 27.5 Red Band
3/02/2015 10:30 10 Unassisted

No comments: