Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Elizabeth

Things had been looking up this week, I had been going to the gym to do mobility which really helped my mood and the physio was happy with my progress as my back was the best it has ever been.  He had given me the okay to ease back into it suggesting that I go on Friday morning and then see him either Friday or Saturday ... and then on of my favourite WODs showed up.  I hadn't planned on doing it but I knew that I could modify it so I wasn't doing any of those big movements.  I went in and warmed up, I chose to do mobility prior to the workout so I thought I was doing everything right.  The workout was Elizabeth which is:

“Elizabeth”
For time:
21, 15, 9, Reps of:
-
Squat Clean 60kg/40kg
Ring Dips
 
Date Time Squat Clean Weight (kg) Ring Dip Option
16/09/2013 6:49 15 Purple Band
13/05/2014 7:40 25 Orange Band
18/03/2015 5:29 10 Red Band
 
I decided earlier in the day that I would do hang power cleans using the 10 kg bar.  Although that was my modification I warmed up with everyone else and practiced squat cleans with the broomstick which was possibly not a good move as couldn't hold the bottom of the squat without any pain.
 
The workout was okay, the hardest part was picking up the bar from the ground but I figured out how to do it without tweaking my back.  When I finished the WOD my hips and glutes were incredibly achy and I feel as though I have undone everything again.  I'm honestly at a loss of what is going on as even the ring dips made my back twinge (possibly due to using my core muscles).  At this moment I'm unsure of what I need to do.  Should I suspend my membership and take extended time off Crossfit or should I maintain my membership in the hope that it will continue to improve after I see my masseuse today and my physio tomorrow?

No comments: