Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

15.4



I have been given the okay by the physio to get back into Crossfit more regularly although I'm not sure if he meant doing an Open workout but I chose to give it a crack and do what I could without being stupid.

The scaled version was:

10 push press (30kg)
10 cleans (35 kg)

I warmed up slowly and was comfortable with the push press but couldn't clean 35 kg.  When it came to the workout itself my body just gave up and I couldn't even clean the 30 kg required for the push press.  I then proceeded to spend nearly 8 minutes trying to build the weight up to get to 30 kg again.  It's like my muscles fatigue and I can't lift the weight anymore.

Anyway, I ended up with a score of 6 at 30 kg (I did a few rounds at a lighter weight).  In hindsight, I shouldn't have registered for the Open at all this year.  I've only been doing a few reps in the workouts so haven't been getting what I should out of the workouts ... I should be scaling further and getting more reps out.  I am looking forward to the Open being over and I can focus more on building my strength back up again.

No comments: