I have been working out at home for nearly 2 years and have had some great results. I've been thinking about the pros and cons of training this way and thought about jotting them down:
* I can wear my PJ's if I want.
* I don't have excuses for not training.
* Misses 3 and 5 can come in and talk to me or count my reps for me
* I don't have to worry about taking my girls to the gym creche
* I can workout whenever I want ... 5 am, public hols etc
* I can have a playlist on my computer so I can listen to whatever tunes I want ... don't have to worry about MP3 player
* I miss being surrounded by like-minded people.
* I can't do certain exercises ie lat pulldowns, assisted chin-ups, leg press, pec deck or anything with cables (most of my favourite exercises)
* I don't have anyone to spot me
* I'm limited by space
* Its hard to do pushups when a cat is underneath you or crunches with a kid sitting on your tummy
At the end of the day, I'm glad I have made the choice to train at home. Its great when the girls come in and show me how they do squats or show me their muscles.