Pages

Monday, November 27, 2006

Back Again

I'm back after a couple of weeks AWOL. We had a wedding down at the Gold Coast a few weeks ago and then the week after my mother had her 60th birthday also at the Coast. So we dropped the kidlets off at my folks and had thought we could have the weekend child-free. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work that way. Hubby was in the bridal party so I barely saw him all weekend and it was assumed that I would go off with the bride which meant I was a built-in babysitter for her 2 kids (3 yo and 20 months) as well as the other bridemaids (12 and 10) for the day of the wedding. I didn't mind so much but I had really built it up in my mind that I was going to have the weekend off. Needless to say I was a little disappointed.
We then had a couple of days at my parents place (near Kingaroy) and then a couple down with friends around Ipswich. We met up with my parents and the bride and groom and kids for a day at Dreamworld. We had a ball going on the kiddie rides, watching the Tiger show and feeding the baby goats and sheep as well as managing to fit in a few big kid rides! Then it was back down to the coast for my Mum's party. We didn't get much of a chance to do much shopping which is a bit disappointing but I guess we didn't have much spending money so it was a good thing. We drove back home last Sunday ... not the most relaxing holiday but I guess it beat work.
My sister came over from Perth for the party so she then flew up to Gladdy for the week and my parents also came up for a few days. A family friend's daughter committed suicide last week and my folks and I went to the funeral. She was girl I used to knock around with when we were teenagers so it was quite upsetting. She was such a beautiful person and last time I spoke to her Mum she was just engaged and life was looking up for her. It was so sad.
My parents left on Thursday and my sister on Sunday and while I loved having them here its nice to have my house back. The kids were starting get feral due to late nights and upset routine.
On the exercise front, I took my gymstick away with me and only used it once, I haven't done much cardio and my diet has been pretty crappy. My gym membership has run out and I can't afford to renew it. I've gained at least 2kgs and I know what I have to do to lose it but not sure if I can be bothered doing it let alone finding the time as the girls have their dance concert on this weekend which means they have rehearsals every afternoon. I guess I'll get back in the routine of things again.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Never mind about your time off diet & workouts, this is a busy time of year afterall.