Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ouch!

Well I finally got my butt into gear and wrote a new program for myself. I usually do a 4 day split and cardio on 5-6 days but in the attempt to burn a bit more fat I have changed to a 3 day split so I can work a bit harder on my cardio. Yesterday I trained chest, back and abs and, boy, am I sore! God I love that feeling!
I also went for a bike ride which I haven't done in months and it nearly killed me. I enjoyed it though, it has made a nice change from what I am currently doing although my dog has gotten used to going for a run in the morning and I could here him crying as I rode down the hill. I made it up to him by taking him for a walk in the afternoon. Today I have gone for a walk/run (my jogging is more like a shuffle) and I should go for another walk this afternoon - depending on my friend who comes walking with me. She's not the most reliable person.
I often shake my head at this lady as she is the kind of person who bitches about her weight but does nothing about it. Her and another friend have been at me to write them a fitness program which I did so begrudgingly as I'm not accredited and didn't feel comfortable. I did this for them a couple of months ago but she couldn't see the point of starting 2 months before Christmas and the other friend lasted 1 week. I'm a bit upset as I put a bit of work into it and for it to be wasted I thought why did I bother. I also said to her that for her to lose weight she needs to up the ante with regards to her cardio (she only walks for about 20 minutes and not at a great pace) but she came up with a myriad of excuses. I don't think she thinks about how I managed to exercise with minimal equipment, a husband that worked shiftwork, two young kids and worked. I've only become a gym member in the last year so I did it all from home. Of course things have gotten easier, hubby's no longer on shift and the kids are getting older (although at 4 and 5 not old enough to be left at home) but I guess if you want it bad enough you find ways of fitting in exercise.
Sorry for the vent!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Yes I know the feeling, they just don't understand that if you want to loose the weight bad enough then you will do anything to achieve those goals even if they fall in the silly season.

Hence why I bought my gym, as with my work it is very unpredictable & with my tanning business as well, my time is pretty much well taken up good & proper it is hard when you work, and have kids but if you want it you will do anything. I am doing weights at 9.30pm at night some nights & cardio at around 10pm but the fact of the matter is that it is done.

I am feeling better for it and after only a few short weeks on my new program I now have my four pack back and the other two are just about there, I might have a six pack by new year!

Have a great Christmas & New Year!!