Pages

Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year

I know I'm a little late but I haven't had much time to sit at the computer over the last couple of weeks. I've had my family here for the Christmas period which was nice but meant my exercise routine went out the window. I have also been working extra hours due to one of the girls being away. I'm totally knackered but it should be nice to have a bit extra in the pay packet next week.

We had a great Christmas. I bought the girls a trampoline, fishing rods as well as a couple of things for dancing. We went out on the weekend to try out the rods and didn't even get a bite! It was a great morning and even though we didn't catch anything we enjoyed looking at the crabs and birds. The girls have also loved their tramp, of course I had to try it out too! We've had a lot of fun bouncing away plus getting a great workout (the pelvic floor muscles are getting worked as well!!)

We spent New Year with friends which was lovely. It was pretty quiet but its nice to get everyone together and, unfortunately due to our busy lives, doesn't happen often enough.

As I said exercise went out the window over the last couple of weeks but I managed to squeeze in a few walks this week (which I enjoyed immensely). As with most people the new year has made me reassess my goals. I guess I had done it before Christmas but knew there was no hope of me making a start. So I will be starting again on Monday. Anyway, my new goals for 2007 are:

  • To reach 50kg in 3 months. I'm unsure of what I currently weigh but my thighs are rubbing together so that's not a good sign. I will weigh myself at the gym this week.
  • To rejoin the gym. My gym membership ran out in November and couldn't afford to rejoin.
  • To drink 2L of water a day.
  • To have visible abs.
  • For my short shorts to feel less snug.

On a personal front:

  • Have a little time just for me.
  • Stress less about money.
  • Spend some more quality time with my family.
  • Bake more.

I guess I will see how it goes!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Good goals hope you achieve every one of them this year.