Pages

Friday, January 12, 2007

Holidays!!!!

I decided to take a week off work. We had been planning to go camping the week after next but unfortunately my hols were cancelled as the boss is taking the same week off. Her sister is getting married in Adelaide so unfortunately I now have to work. Instead I'm taking next week off which will be nice. I have that mother's guilt happening as I have been working the school holidays and the girls haven't been able to sleep in or have play dates or do any of the stuff most other kids do during break. I'm most probably blowing it all out of proportion but it will be nice to have a week where we don't have to rush around in the mornings.

I did the usual 25 minute walk this morning as a warm up for my leg workout. Just to give you a bit of background, we moved house last April. We moved within the same suburb and only about 10 minutes walk away from our old house. Our cat still has some issues with living in the new place and will regularly go back to his old street - I guess 10 years in one place will do that. Fortunately, he is only doing this every few weeks but he chose yesterday to take off. He didn't come home last night so on my walk I thought I had better check to see if he was there which, of course, he was. I then had to carry him home which must of looked funny - a women walking a dog as well as a cat! My biceps got a good workout! At least I didn't have to carry him up our hill, I put him down and he walked the rest of the way.

Its bloody hot here at the moment, we've had a pretty mild summer so I shouldn't complain too much but its really taking it out of me. My leg workout was a struggle today, I really didn't think I could get through it but forge on I did. I'm not sure how I'm going to do squats at the moment as my legs are fairly strong but I can't get the barbell up onto my shoulders. The joys of working out at home! Maybe I should train legs when hubby's home so that he can help out.

No comments: