Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lost My Groove

I have had an bad couple of weeks. My parents came up to look after my brother's kids and while its great to catch up with them it means my workouts get pushed aside while they are here. That was a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't got my groove back. I have done little to no exercise and have proceeded to eat anything that I can find. The main reason I haven't done anything is because I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed in the morning. This is unusual for me as I'm usually up at around 5 a.m. (or at the latest) even on weekends. The last couple of weeks it has been 7 on work days and 8 or 9 on the weekends (and that's only because the girls are up asking for breakfast). The rest of the day I'm dragging my feet wishing I could go back to bed. I tend to go through these little phases but normally I push myself and still train so I guess I just need to force myself out of this.

I decided to take the last couple of days off work as its the school holidays and my daycare mum is away. The girls are really enjoying not having the daily grind and we have had some fun together. Yesterday we went down to the Marina for a bike ride, it was an overcast and dreary day so we had the place to ourselves. It was nice to get out of the house for a while (as well as get the girls away from the TV). Today is raining so I'm not sure what we will do today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't it good to make a change from routine and do something different? I bet the girls enjoyed themselves. I aways used to like the holidays for just getting out of the usual rut! Hope you are feeling more energised now