Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Slight Disappointment

I try not to get obsessed with those damn numbers on the scales. To try and combat that I don't have any at home and only weigh myself when I go to the gym. The scales at the gym are dodgy at best and, I swear, they weigh heavier than any others I have used (I put it down to the gym trying to stroke the men's egos). So I tell myself that it is only a number and what counts is how I am feeling and how my clothes are fitting, then why is it I always get dissapointed when that damn thing doesn't budge! I can understand why people give up, when you train until you feel like you are going to spew and your body is so tired from getting up at 4:30 in the morning and to have no result you just want to throw in the towel.

I have been training for a long time so I know I will continue to get up everyday to exercise - its something that I do, like breathing, but I can understand why its so easy to give up.

No comments: