Pages

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Let the hard work begin

I made a pretty big decision this week - I decided to enter a figure competition next year! Liz will be mentoring me through this gruelling process, I know I'm in capable hands. I have a lot of work to do as I really need to build some muscle and lean out my legs and glutes. For me the major part is actually getting on stage (especially in high heels), I'm a very shy person but this is something that I need to overcome. I spoke to hubby before I made the decision and he is happy to support me along the way. Unfortunately, most people think of these huge women with masculine faces who have obviously taken steroids when they think of women's bodybuilding and this was his main concern - he didn't want me looking like a bloke. I've shown him some pictures of figure competitors and there is no denying they are beautiful and quite feminine. Now he just wants me to buy the bikini and asks me to start posing!

4 comments:

Kie said...

Congrats on deciding to compete. I'm competing for the first time next weekend. It is hard, but I have really enjoyed the journey and have found out alot about myself. All the best.
Kie xx

Sienna said...

What a monumental decision! I was just chatting to someone about this yesterday, and they were saying that competing really is life changing. I am excited to watch your journey...

Kek said...

Good for you Michelle - you're looking great, by the way.

I didn't realise you were training with Liz, hadn't checked your blog for a little while. I know she'll look after you!

Kristy said...

Great decision. I wish you all the best with this new journey. I look forward to watching and know you will do great.

Kristy