Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

MEN!!

Hubby and I have been fighting the last couple of days. I'm still trying to figure out what I have actually done wrong to upset him so much as it is more about his own insecurities than my actions. It all started last week when he told me that some people we know are splitting up. These people are not friends of ours rather than friends of friends. She has been going to my gym so I see her on occasion. She started going to the gym little while ago and is looking fantastic and then a few months ago she got a boob job. They apparently split up because she started going out clubbing and got onto Facebook and said she was single (not married with 3 kids). I think this has had my hubby's brain ticking over. I have been going to the gym for years but I have renewed my love for exercise, I am getting my teeth straightened and I have gotten onto Facebook (with all of 3 friends!) Obviously the natural progression is for me, in his words, 'to get hot and leave him.' WTF!!! I find this absurd as he was never an insecure or jealous person, I've had men come up when we are out and openly flirted with me and he has said nothing. Its just bizarre. The strange thing is that he gets jealous of the cat (because he snuggles with me) or when I get stuck into a good book. So I'm thinking is he jealous of the gym and/or the internet. Am I supposed to sit at the other end of the lounge and make puppy dog eyes at him while he watches sport, 'Pimp My Ride', 'American Chopper' or any other crap show that he spends his entire (and I mean entire!) weekend watching? To make matters worse he wanted to read my blog and because I was pissed off I wouldn't let him as it made me feel like I was 13 years old and he was my Dad checking up on me plus I felt like he would laugh at me. Most of my friends and family think that I'm a bit odd, they don't get my gym obsession so I tend not to talk about it too much. I don't tell anyone when I have lifted that little bit more or run a bit faster on the tready because I don't think they will share my excitement. Instead I write things in my blog. Unfortunately, that makes hubby feel as though I shut him out. I gave him the address to this blog yesterday so I hope he read it and found out exactly how boring it actually is - I guess now it has something that might interest him!

Anyway, that's my vent for today! I'm home from work today as Missy T has a tummy bug. I hate it when the kids are sick, I'm pretty lucky as both the girls don't get sick that often. She's a funny little munchkin as she still wanted to go to kindy even though she has been throwing up. She's has managed to eat a little bit of fruit and is sitting in front of Nick Jr now.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I understand exactly where you are coming from. Men! I sure can't work them out. I am getting "Men are Venus, Women are from Mars" to see what I can learne, but Sunday after my partner asked if he could go over to a friends place for an hour or two (his exact words) so he dropped me off at my house at 2pm and I'm thinking well he will message me around 5.30pm asking me to come over or something. 7pm and I still haven't heard from him. I message him asking him where he is. Oh at Craigs watching tv, what are you doing. I felt saying waiting for you. I then didn't even get to see him that night at all. How does he not think it is ok to just send me a message letting me at least know that he has decided to stay for a while. Whereas if it was me I would just let him know perhaps even ask him.

I'm with you. Men! Can't live with them can't live without them!

Why do men also get to decide what we watch on tv?

Interesting isn't! I'm sure he will be fine. Maybe explain why you are doing these things you are doing. It is a personal thing and makes you feel better and isn't for anyone else. Hopefull he will understand then.

Good luck and I know it will all work out

Take care
Kristy

p.s sorry for the long comment (but I needed a little vent as well) :)

LizN said...

Men are hopeless aren't they? Many of them are selfish and don't realize they need to "give some" to "get some". In the meanwhile just keep enjoying those three friends on Facebook.

Hugs
Liz N

Tracey said...

Dont worry Michelle, my hubby is exactly the same, it is easier to just not mention the internet, and is just as easy to wait till he goes to sleep to read a book!!

Very strange creatures they are, one minute they are not jealous the next you dont know what you are doing wrong.

Kek said...

LOL - Michelle, I'm sure your hubby iwll get over it. I went through a similar thing with mine when I first started getting in shape and spending time on the net... and then actually meeting some of my online friends was a BIG thing (for him).

But you're right - it's all about their insecurities, it's nothing you're doing wrong. Just pay hom lots of attention, he'll be fine. :)