Pages

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hooray! Hooray! I'm on holi-holidays!

Hubby and I have decided to take this week off work to just veg out. We went to the movies and to lunch yesterday, something we never get a chance to do. This morning I got to the gym which was great as I normally have to go at rush hour when its next to impossible to get on equipment.



Missy T's party went well although I think in future years we will have parties elsewhere (like Maccas or Hungry Jacks) as it seemed an awful lot of work for just a couple of hours. Here's a couple of photos. I have to say I'm pretty proud of the mermaid cake.



I had my ortho check-up last week which always results in me being unable to eat for a few days. I wouldn't mind so much but I get incredibly hungry and end up living on coffee and chocolate (because I can melt chocolate in my mouth). I really need to have a contingency plan in place before my next check-up. Maybe I need to make a big batch of soup. If anyone has any good soup recipes let me know!

I'm actually learning a lot about myself. Last week when I was feeling down I didn't even think of turning to food. I tend to make poor food choices on the weekends or when I'm really tired. Its just pure laziness on the weekend, through the week I have all my meals planned, I need to do this 7 days a week. I don't know how to go about food when I'm tired, maybe pack more fruit? That way when I feel the need for a quick sugar fix I'll eat fruit instead of reaching for the lollyjar.

3 comments:

Kie said...

Hi Michelle,
Love the cake what a great job. Fruit and nuts as the nuts a low gi so you dont feel so hungry so soon (:
Kie xx

Kek said...

Weekends are like that - your usual routine is all disrupted and you subconsciously think that your food should be too.

Planning is good, but so is deciding on one or two treats.

As for foods for when you can't chew, soup is great, but how about yoghurt and smoothies as well? You can make great blender concoctions with protein powder, fruit and skim milk.

Unknown said...

Thanks for that ladies. I often have yoghurt with protein powder but I didn't even think to blend fruit up with it and make a smoothy out of it. What a dope! Last time I stewed some fruit to have with cottage cheese - this month I was a little less organised and tried to have some blueberries which I ended up throwing out as I couldn't chew them.