Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I'm Ready(?)

I'm back and am exhausted after a very busy weekend down at the Gold Coast. Our flights left Rocky at 6:30 am on Saturday which meant that we (my friend and I) had to be up and about at around 3:15. Once we got to Brissy we grabbed the train to Indooroopilly so I could train with Liz and another of her clients. What a great workout! My legs are still sore and J, my friend, had to listen to me complain everytime I had to move. My jaw just dropped when I saw the gym. OMG, there was so much space. At my gym they have crammed so many pieces of equipment into a small area there is no room to swing a cat.

After the training session, we trained it down to the Coast and managed to fit in a little bit of shopping. There was a sale at Lorna Jane so as I said to my hubby I could have spent so much more money - I actually saved money. I don't think he bought it.

Sunday was the seminar. We had a small group of 6 ladies which was great as we got to spend some more time with Jo and Donna. I had no idea how hard posing was going to be. I felt as though I was never going to get it. As the day wore on I got more confident but I know I can be so much better. At one point I had a mini panic attack, the other girls seemed so much more leaner and musclier, I felt like walking out. Most of the other girls there would be competing against me in May and I thought I don't have a hope in hell. I gave myself a stern talking to and reminded myself of why I'm doing it. I want to be the best I can be - it doesn't really matter about anyone else. If I place that would be great but at the end of the day that isn't important.

The great thing about seeing Jo is that she could critique my physique. My traps are a bit overdeveloped which could be due to me inadvertantly shrugging my shoulders when performing shoulder exercises. I really need to be wary of that. On the plus side, my abs should be good once I lose a bit more body fat.

The other thing I need to work on is my nerves. I don't know if I should look into some meditative techniques as I can shake quite badly when around people I don't really know or in situations where I'm not totally comfortable.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Hi Michelle, we all know that you can do it and especially with Liz's help you will be shining on stage in no time...

I find yoga helps me to relax, but I have wanted to try meditation as well. I have heard great reviews so if you give it a go I'd love to hear about it.

I love hearing about your journey to competition and can' wait to see your final pictures.

Also as you said remember this journey is all about you and your body...

Best wishes
Kristy

Anonymous said...

Goodness what a busy weekend you had. It sounds like it was lots of fun. You are doing brilliantly along this journey and will look fantastic on stage.

Have a great day

Debstar said...

What I like about people who are into body shaping, whether for competition or just their own enjoyment is that they view their body differently to people who are dieting. Most girls dieting constantly moan about how they hate particular parts of their bodies whereas someone into body shaping will look at their body in a more detached way and say 'muscle needs to be added here or less there and will just work on body fat to make this look better. No moaning, no disgust. How much better is that for the soul! I wish I had come to that realisation a long, long, long time ago.
Glad to hear that you had such a great weekend.

Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Michelle, you have the right attitude - although it's a competition and you are standing next to others, you are really competing against yourself, to be the best you can be.

ss2306 said...

Hi Michelle

I thought you were looking fantastic! Keep up the great work. It was nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing you again in 10 weeks time.

Shelley

Kek said...

Hi Michelle - good for you for overcoming your fears and not running screaming from the room. :)

I'm sure you're going to look GREAT.