Pages

Friday, March 07, 2008

Weight and Foxes

My weight has dropped ever so slightly this week but I guess its not too bad as I started the week at 51.8 kg. I wasn't really expecting it to drop this morning as I had my free meal last night (Steak Dianne with a few chips - YUM).

Today was hill sprint day. Although I live on a hill I normally go to a new suburb to do my sprints. There are no houses and therefore no dogs to bark at me while I run up and down. We have a few dogs in the street and at 4:30 in the morning I don't think my neighbours appreciate me causing a racket. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed one or two foxes at my hill sprint hill. They normally run off once they see us but today one took off but the other stayed which I was okay with but I kept one eye on it as I did my sprints. Then it decided to come a bit closer which freaked me out a little. Mossy chased it away but it kept on coming up until it was only a couple of meters away. I thought to myself, "Its time to get out of here." The fox stopped following once we got around the corner. I found another hill in the area which was better lit and a bit closer to houses so that I could finish my session. I was nearly finished when I looked up and saw this damn fox again. I grabbed Mossy and headed for home. I don't know if foxes are known for attacking dogs or humans but I didn't really want to find out.

3 comments:

Raechelle said...

I would have to say that no, they are not "known" for attacking people or dogs. We had quite a fox problem on or farm in Dunsborough, West Aus....and we even encountered fox babies with the mum once or twice right behind the house. The never bothered the dog or us-our dog usually went searching for them. The only prob we had was when they dug into the chicken coop-comlete devastation. But-I've never heard of them attacking people-of course, having said all that, these days-you never know; if someone fed them, then they have no fear-and may approach. So, I suppose-best to be careful...It must of added a bit of oomph to your training though-hey!

Anonymous said...

I dont think they attack dogs or humans but like you i wouldnt have hung around to find out.

Kek said...

The biggest danger around here are the insects. Gah! I hate swallowing one when doing outdoor cardio. Bleuch!