Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

3 Weeks To Go

A little bit less than that, actually. I actually had my first comp dream the other night. I dreamt I got onto stage and the judges said that my legs and hips were too fat and that I couldn't compete (you can't half tell what is worrying me the most). Then they grabbed a measuring tape and measurement my waist:hip ratio and found that I was within their set limits. Weird!

I'm feeling great today. Hubby took some photos yesterday and I'm really noticing the changes. I'm pretty happy with how I'm looking overall and can't wait for the comp. Speaking to Liz today has helped as we spoke briefly about the game plan for the next few weeks. I love her approach to comp prep.

We had Hubby's Cricket Presentation last night. I made this a free meal and even indulged in dessert (I didn't have my icecream this week). Hubby is amazed by how much food I can put away at the moment, it seems that I am constantly eating but I'm also constantly hungry. The thing is its all good food, loads of veges - I'm loving it!

My friend, who I haven't seen in awhile, accused me of having an eating disorder last night at the function. She commented several times that I would most probably go and throw up after my meal. I guess my body has gone through some amazing changes in the last few weeks and I suppose it can surprise people who don't see me everyday. I bit my tongue as she was drunk and there was no point in explaining I fuel my body with great, nutritious food and push myself hard when working out and this is the reason I'm losing weight not because I starve myself or purge after eating.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

My little sister is getting a lot of comments on her weight as she is also little + thin (but naturally, she doesn't have to wrk for it) and she is constantly told she must have an eating disorder. Why is it ok for people to tell skinny people they have a problem, but they wouldn't ever say that to someone a little large (not that they should though)

It's no wonder so many people have self confidence issues.

Your doing a great job Michelle and can't wait to see the latest photos. I thought you looked great in your last ones :)

Raechelle said...

I can't believe someone would say that...let alone a "friend". It just amazes me at how ignorant people are to what being healthy and fit is-and eating without gaining is very healthy when you are putting in the hard yards at the gym.
Good for you in just gutting it out.
Looking forward to seeing you on stage!

ms_attitude said...

It's pretty sad really that someone has to resort to saying that. I agree with Kristy too, nobody would ever turn to someone who was stuffing their face full of rubbish who was obviously overweight and say they must have an eating disorder. It appears that's either okay or very taboo.
I think it's just something people love to say when they're feeling less than great about themselves and it helps to balance out those negative feelings they have about their own insecurities and weight. Hell, why tell someone they look great and are doing a great job if it makes you realise how poorly you are doing yourself, right?! Sheesh. Keep holding your head high, you're doing fantastically.

Kek said...

That's hurtful, coming from a friend - it's bad enough when acquaintances feel they have the right to tell you that you're 'too skinny'. :o( You expect support from your friends, but sadly, most people don't comprehend why you'd do what you're doing.

I always look for the underlying reason for those comments (there usually IS one) and 99% of the time, it's about their insecurities and/or dissatisfaction with their own bodies. The thing is, most people don't have the guts to DO something about what's making them unhappy.

Go, you! Can't wait to see the final pics ....wish I could make it to the comp!

Unknown said...

That's exactly what I was thinking. She is overweight and incredibly insecure. It was like water off a duck's back. I'm feeling great, the best I have ever felt and to me that's what matters