Pages

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Weekend

I didn't have a great weekend. It was cold (by my standards LOL!), wet and windy and by Sunday I was suffering from cabin fever. I think this is the reason I started eating and eating and eating. I was feeling pretty cocky on Saturday as my weight was fairly stable despite my food intake - that changed by Monday. Lets just say its done now, time to move on, there's no point in looking back.

I started back serious training on Monday and am so sore today. Gotta love that! I'm glad I had a break even though it was a little longer than anticipated. I think my body needed some downtime.

I think it would be wise for me to set some goals and have a few strategies in place. A few of these are:

- continue logging on Calorie King. I've been a bit slack with this since the comp.
- go back to eating a treat meal once a week
- resume having an icecream or some other treat mid-week. I found this good through comp prep as it split up my treats so that they were smaller but more often. I also found I needed something by Thursday night.
- plan my training every week. In the past I found I got stuck in a rut and did the same things week in, week out. I need to mix it up for better results plus it keeps it interesting (this is what I loved about Liz's program).

I think that's about it for now.

2 comments:

ss2306 said...

I've come to realise that our bodies need that correction time after comp. The no training and eating and eating and eating seems to be all part of it as does the associated bloat and scale increase. I think once we've done all of these things something clicks and we begin swimming again rather than sinking. Onwards and upwards Michelle. Glad to hear you're there!

Luv Shelley

Kek said...

LOL - I think I'm a displaced Queenslander at heart. When the mercury drops below 20 degrees, I start piling on jumpers. :o)

Mixing it up is the way to go - you can always hunt through websites and fitness magazines for some new ideas to keep thing fresh. I find lots of fun stuff online.