Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yes Boss!

I haven't been blogging too much lately. Partially due to the fact that I haven't got much to say - my life is work, training or sleeping and not much else - and a large part is that I haven't felt too positive and I'm sure people don't want to constantly hear me whinging.

I have had enough of work at the moment. I'm in a team that has one person in it that is a nasty piece of work. She is playing people off against one another and while I usually try to keep out of office politics I have been sucked into it. She had me quite upset last week and I've had to make the conscious effort to not allow this woman to drag me down.

I've also been worried about what to do with the girls through the holidays. We were looking at putting them into a childcare facility but at $40 per day per child we decided that we couldn't really afford it. I don't have a lot of leave so I will be taking a couple of days off, hubby's taking a week off and then his parents are going to have them as well. I realised last night that we have a pupil free day on the Monday back so I will have to organise something for then as well. I'm really trying not to complain about finding care throughout holiday as I feel its been our choice for me to work but there are days (especially when works not so good) when I think it would be a hell of a lot easier if I didn't work. I guess we are lucky that we have family here that can help out.

Well, wasn't that just the most positive post!

4 comments:

Cherub said...

The work life balance / work or stay at home are I think, the most difficult challenges mothers face.

There are no easy answers.

Kek said...

School holidays are a bugger when your kids are little. Both parents usually end up taking leave separately, to cover 8 out of the 11 or so weeks, and then you have to find some willing relative to look after them the rest of the time.

It gets easier as they grow up - you just have to tough it out in the meantime.

Hope your week gets better at work!

Magda said...

Hi Michelle, I'm sure every (working) parent understands your predicament and how such challenges can get you down. Unfortunately life isnt all rosy and perfect and we deal with the highs and the lows and have days/times like yours today.
Hang in there and you'll be smiling again before you know it.

Magda

ss2306 said...

I must admit as much as I love what I do this week at home has been really nice and I'm not looking forward to going back next week AND having to offload Sofie here and there. It does get easier as they get older as they prefer to go to friends houses rather than stay with mum anyway but in the meantime Michelle look on the positive side that at least you are employable and not on the dole!

Maybe you could tell the chick at work just to piss-off and leave you out of it (lol)!