Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Why is it?

That when its the best weather to go and exercise in the great outdoors the magpies are in full force? We have a few in our neighbourhood and the kids are often getting swooped in our street. I was hoping to ride to work during the school holidays but they scare the be-jesus out of me so I think I'll give it a miss (I know I'm a big scaredy-cat).

I went to the gym yesterday and had a great workout on the bike, elliptical and rower. The ankle held up fairly well which I was pretty happy about but I think I'll give Attack a miss for a little while as all that lateral movement seems to aggrevate it.

6 comments:

Kek said...

Magpies are a total pain in the arse. Bike Boy has attached weird antenna-type things to his helmet in an effort to scare them off. It "kind of" works, to use his words.

In the past he's tried gluing eyes onto his helmet, but that was spectacularly unsuccessful.

Anonymous said...

You and me both, magpies and pluvers I think they're called give me the heebie geebies when walking/running/riding at this time of year. LOL!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, plovers totally freak me out too.

I've seen people riding around with cable ties or antennae on their helmets and wondered how effective they are.

ms_attitude said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

I have to deal with plovers... they tend to nest in my horse's paddock...then start divebombing you as you try and go to innocently catch your horse! One of the guys that worked where I had my horse agisted had been attacked by a plover - they have nasty talons on their wings... he had slices in him from them!

LizN said...

Ugh, I feel your pain.

Have you had that ol ankle checked out by a physio...think you should rather than suffer :)
Hugs
Liz;)

Unknown said...

Yes boss ... booked in for tomorrow :o)