Pages

Friday, April 03, 2009

Finding My Mojo - Again

Over the last 6 months I have struggled with my energy levels and there are times where I am so tired I feel like I can barely get through my day let alone train. I have learnt through experience when my body needs a break from training and when I can just push on. This week I had a few days rest from weight training and instead focussed on cardio, something I have neglected as I can't seem to schedule it in. I have to say I have missed cardio and today I've felt leaner and have been starving all day. I've also started a journal to log my food, thoughts etc. I did have a blog for this but I'm finding it hard to keep it up to date as the IT department (bastards) have blocked blogger besides I think I prefer to do it the old fashioned way. I have also scheduled in some housework tasks. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a messy person but the Virgo in me likes order so I tend to get overwhelmed when the house is messy (which it is most of the time). By setting myself small tasks everyday I feel like I'm getting my life in order without taking me all day. I know that it will take a little while to get this place so that it looks respectable but I know if I try to do it all it becomes overwhelming which I sometimes think is the root cause of my low energy.

2 comments:

Charlotte Orr said...

Know how you feel, both energywise and housewise - and I work from home, so it drives me mad living and working in a messy environment, but sometimes I don't feel like I've got the time or energy to fix it. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm hearing you Michelle. A cluttered home can have such a psychological impact on us that's for sure. Like you, little by little each day and we'll eventually get there. Something's always better than nothing right. :o)

Lia xxx