Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Protein Bars

I was doing some baking on the weekend, my pumpkin vine has been going off and I needed to get rid of it so I added some to my homemade protein bars. I must say it was very yummy and thought I would share the recipe - its kind of based on a recipe from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet for Kids and Family.

1 cup protein powder (I used chocolate as that's all I have)
1/2 cup SR flour (she suggests spelt flour but I didn't have any)
2 cups oats
1/2 cup LSA
1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
1/2 unsweetened apple sauce
3 tsp sweet mixed spice
I had to add a little water as well.

Add all ingredients together and press into a lamington tray.
Cook at 180degC until golden (about 20 minutes)

I should have taken a photo but I was slack

5 comments:

Kek said...

No photo???!

How many serves did it make, Michelle?

Kristy said...

Yum sounds nice :)

Raechelle said...

mmmm...sounds nice!
I'm with Kek...NO PHOTO?! LOL!

Charlotte Orr said...

Sounds good!

Unknown said...

I know, I know - I am so lazy when it comes to photos!

Kek - it made about 16.