Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Like most people I've have been reflecting on the past year. I have to say 2009 was a struggle. I have had the best times with our trip to Perth and Adelaide as well as a couple of girl's weekends thrown in but to be frank the rest of the year was meh, nothing specific - nothing bad happened I have just been very unhappy. I'm determined to make 2010 my year and I'm already on my way with a new job. A few weeks ago I applied for a job as an admin assistant at a rival lab - as an industrial chemist this is quite a change but to be honest I'm tired of lab work after being in the industry for nearly 20 years. I didn't get that job but instead got a technical officer role which is quality assurance and helping in admin too. I'm both excited and nervous as I'm going to be out of my comfort zone (which is a good thing).

I have been thinking about my goals for the year and here they are:

  • spend quality time with the family. I think I need to take a leaf out of Raechelle's and have a computer free Sunday.
  • slow down. I feel as though we spent this year running from one social engagement to another. While its fantastic having a busy social life I need to realise its okay to say no and just stay home.
  • get better organised. I say this every year but seeing as Moo got a comment on her report card about her tardiness I really need to do something about it.
  • compete again. I'm not sure about this one because as anyone with a family knows its such a committment that everyone in the family has to make. I am looking at the October comps and think I will train with that in mind and see where the cards fall a bit closer to then.
I think that's pretty much it. I'm looking forward to a fantastic 2010!

4 comments:

ss2306 said...

Happy New Year gorgeous.

May 2010 be the year for us all.

LizN said...

Happy New Year Michelle!

Good luck with the New Job

xoxox

Nicole said...

Happy new year lovie :) and congrats on the new job!A change in job can be as good as a holiday as they say! Enjoy Nicole xx

Cherub said...

Happy New Year. Congratulations on your new job, how exciting.

I like your 2010 goals, sounds like it will be a great year for you and your family.

Claire x