Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Week 2 Summary

Week 2 training was pretty much exactly the same as week 1. I added in an extra cardio on Monday in the morning because I felt like it – I get up at 5 anyway so I may as well do a DVD after walking the dog and I’m loving Fitbox at the moment so I went there in the evening. I pushed myself a little further with the weights and am pretty pleased how the week went with regard to training.

I’m still loving the food, the meals are tasty and I’m trying things that I wouldn’t even think of like sweet potato and roasted capsicum pizza (YUMMO!). I wasn’t that impressed with the stir fry but I think I can tweak it to suit my taste. I am really craving red meat so instead of fish tonight I am having steak. I can see me incorporating these meals into my diet for years to come.

As I said in my previous post, I gained 600g over the weekend but I lost 1kg since Wednesday (goodbye fluid!) so that means I have lost 400g this week. Not too shabby!

Overall, I’m pretty happy with how things are going. I’m feeling like this program works well into my lifestyle, the workload is not too hard which is important to me as I continue to juggle work, family and training. I notice that other people are doing so much more with back-to-back sessions etc but, for me, it’s all about finding the balance. I know if I go too hard I will crash and burn and end up blowing off more sessions than if I just did the prescribed amount.

No comments: