Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weigh-In Week 5

Of course it's Wednesday! My weight has spiked since Saturday so I put that weight into the Stats page instead of today's. This week is 'Train Like A Champion' week, I'm not feeling much like a champion because it's one of those tired weeks that I tend to get so it is just going through the motions, getting my workouts done and try not to eat every sweet thing in the cupboard to get that instant sugar fix. All I can say is that I'm glad it's a long weekend this weekend!

I got a new toy last week - I bought a heartrate monitor. It is interesting to see how many calories I'm burning and how low my heartrate is - I'm struggling to get it over 158 bpm when I'm doing my cardio (I haven't tried one my old Liz cardio sessions yet). I only burnt 250 cals at boxing the other night and not much more on Super Saturday (1 1/2 hours of cardio) ... don't think I'll be joining the 1000 cal club on the forums anytime soon. I guess it's a bugga being small and fit ;o)

1 comment:

Magda said...

Hi Michelle, I find the duration of the cardio sessions has the biggest impact on calories. Some of my long runs are clocking 2000+ cals. Intensity helps but I dont notice a significantly bigger calorie burn after a high intensity session. (Just my 2c worth although in reality we know that higher intensity burns more calories)

Magda