Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 7 Summary

This week has not been the greatest. The amount of exercise on the plan increased to include training for this 'triathlon', unfortunately not everyone has 2 hours a day to commit to exercise. I found most days I had to cut the sessions short or finish them off in the afternoon. I found I was getting frustrated (and felt a bit like a failure as I couldn't get it all done) plus I spent way too much time worrying about this bloody triathlon. Missy T starts back at soccer tomorrow and I was hoping for a late game so I could get this thing over and done with before it gets too hot. Of course, her game is at 8 am. But I've committed to this thing and while my plan is not ideal, it's the best I can do with the limited time I have. Instead of an 8km run, 30 km bike ride and 1 km swim I'll be doing a 10km run, ride to soccer and watch the game, then ride home (approx 17km) and finish with a cardio DVD. I'm not really sure which DVD I'll be doing yet, maybe Cathe's Kickbox one as that requires the least amount of coordination (I really could see me stacking it if I did a Step one). I swear only a person with no children would suggest 2-3 hour training sessions! I'm looking forward to the sense of achievement when I'm done - and a nanna nap!

The thing I have learnt this week is that it is okay to go off-plan. Mal was the one who suggested how I could get the tri done. I, on the other hand, had it in my head that we had to do it with no rest in between. I thought I had to make a choice of missing Missy T's soccer match or give the tri a miss. This is the second time this week that I have not done things to the letter and it has ended in a good result. It goes to show that the sky won't fall if you don't follow the plan.

2 comments:

Cherub said...

I'd would struggle with that Michelle. All good plans have a Plan B. I wonder why that is?!

It sounds like you have learned heaps about yourself and your preferred way to train and eat. Result in my book.

Enjoy the weekend.

Charlotte Orr said...

Glad you worked out an alternative. I'm trying to be more flexible too.c